Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fool's Day... and Breakfast

When I have a day off, I make a point of making a wonderful special breakfast. Commonlaw Spouseoid and I are usually rushing out of the door in the morning, so we're both guilty of not eating a big breakfast in the morning. Trying to change this, I KNOW.

My breakfast usually is made up of toast, topped with peanut butter and sliced bananas, and a greek yogurt. Or a quick smoothie, with fresh and frozen fruit, plain yogurt, skim milk, ground flax seed, wheat germ, and coconut oil. Or Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal topped with greek yogurt and fresh berries.

But when weekend strikes, it's time for something AWESOME! Like this morning.

This is Breakfast Burritos from The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook.
It basically consists of eggwhites, cottage cheese, black beans, onion, tomato and red peppers. Wrapped up in an Ancient Grains tortilla. OM NOM NOM.



I literally just noticed when I added the picture, that if the apple wedges were closer to either end of the burrito, it would look like a wang. Unintentional. Because if I would have noticed that this morning, I TOTALLY WOULD HAVE MADE BREAKFAST BURRITO WANG. And I would have handed it to Commonlaw Spouseoid and said, "Gobble this." .. .. I suddenly have huge pangs of regret about my entire morning.

On a completely unrelated note, it was April Fool's Day today. I recycled my last year's prank, of changing my birthday on Facebook to that day. It is actually, in fact, on the 17th of April. The 'Fool Toll' is at 44. This includes 4 family members.

To be fair, a lot of people said that it was completely appropriate that my birthday was on April Fool's Day (I'm a bit of a prankster). And then they wished me a happy birthday.

To quote Bruce Campbell's character, Ash, in Army of Darkness:
"Hail to the king, baby."

No comments:

Post a Comment