Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Flippin' for Kale Chips??

Whoops! It's been a while since I wrote my last post.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter, I know that for me, Easter is Free Day. Which means, nothing contains any calories, sugar or fat. Because Zombie Jesus says so.

I'm not one to mess with tradition. My family got together this Easter, there were 18 of us in total. I'm not going to play the 'Clean Eating' card when there are 18 people who are ready to stuff their faces in a bowl full of stuffing. My job is usually to bring the marinated vegetable salad and Cranberry Sauce. I make my own, and YES, the cranberry sauce is from The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook! But on top of it, it was my Granny's birthday, so I made cupcakes. Yes. There was nothing about them that was good for you. If that makes me a hypocrite, so be it. They were cute, delicious, and they put smiles on everyone's faces.




Anyways, that's not what this entry is about.

Yes, I eat healthy. Some would call me a 'health nut'. And I'm okay with that. And I will try most anything once. Because you never know what you're missing if you don't try it. Some I like, some I don't.

I've always been intrigued to try Kale Chips. The reviews I've read say that they're an incredibly delicious alternative to potato chips. 'You can't even tell the difference!'. I'm not one that particularly craves potato chips, but I thought, hmm, sounds like a healthy little snack food!

So before trying my hand at making them, I saw them pre-packaged at Nutters. I figured that, before I put all that work into making them, I should sample them first.

My Official Review:
I'm pretty sure that I would have gotten the same amount of pleasure out of chewing on Texas BBQ flavored cardboard. They look like dried vomit, they get stuck in your teeth, and.... yeah.... how bout I just sum it up and say, NO THANKS. I realize that they may taste differently if you make them yourself, most things do. But that put a nail in the Kale Chip Coffin.

So to all of you who are fans of the Kale Chips, I commend you. Eat away, I will not be stealing any of yours. Because they taste like ass, and look like dried zombie skin. Blech.


No comments:

Post a Comment