Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekend warrior!

Well, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but nonetheless, I try to use my weekends to do productive things, like planning meals for the upcoming week. Unfortunately, my weekend consists of one day this time around. After working yesterday, my amazing Commonlaw Spouseoid put the pork ribs in the oven to boil in stock for 3 hours. When I got home, they were pretty much ready to be thrown on the barbecue! I can't even take credit for the cooking of this meal... all I basically did was make the BBQ sauce a few days ago. He did everything, and since it was a balmy 17 degrees Celsius, we were able to break out the grill!
Not enough.
This recipe was from the Eat-Clean Cookbook 2. 'BBQ Pork Ribs'. Oh my sweet merciful God, they were incredible. The meat fell off the bone, they were so tender. And the BBQ sauce which I had prepared days beforehand was better than the crap you can buy in the bottles. It was spicy, sweet and flavorful. I'm so thankful that I have some left over, I can see this being basted on some chicken in the near future...

This morning I took a little time to make 'Blueberry Blintzes' from the same cookbook. From my limited expertise, 'blintz' is just a fancy word for crepe. Which, I thought, was a fancy enough word on it's own. Crepe. Whatever you want to call it... blintz, crepe, flat pancake, yummy breakfast tortilla... I call it DELICIOUS. The blueberry sauce is the perfect compliment to the lemony ricotta and yogurt cheese filling. I immediately knew I had a breakfast winner on my hands when Commonlaw Spouseoid actually licked the plate. That is a sign of ultimate belly yum yums, my friends.

Yes. They're as good as they look

The unfortunate part is that, I've been working, had appointments and been going out with friends a few nights in a row recently, so my exercise routine has suffered because of it! Still up keeping 'Mad Abs March', but my cardio routine has been in the crapper this week. So today, after having my rehearsal for my upcoming Shakespearean production, I plan on trying to take advantage of my one day off by getting either a run or some impromptu zumba in.




How do YOU fit exercise in to your daily schedule?

No comments:

Post a Comment