Sunday, March 4, 2012

We all have our days!

Well, it figures.

It just figures that, after months of talking about it, I start a blog about health and wellness. And then that night, I go out and get bombed. My excuse was 'friend's birthday'. BUT let's point out that, although booze is NOT good for you, I did make wise decisions, and scoured the menu for the healthiest drinks. Gin and soda with lime, and Mojitos. See? Even when going out to get shitfaced, you can make good choices. (However, I just realized this morning that mojitos contain a small amount of sugar. I did not think of that after my 4th gin and soda!) Most of the problem with alcohol is all of the extra crap they put in it. Sugars, juices, pop, etc. I like to stick to drinks that involve club soda, because they avoid the sugary excesses. Not that booze is good for you. But, let's face it, we need to celebrate and have fun once in a while!!

But that's why I did this. To show that, we can all be healthy, and still live normal lives. You don't HAVE to be perfect to exercise good health!!!

Today, since I slept in due to a late night of bad choices, I missed breakfast! The most important meal of the day! So for 'brunch', I'm planning a veggie eggwhite omelette. Yum! Here's a little note: I cook my omelettes using COCONUT OIL instead of olive oil, or butter! It adds such a marvelous hint of flavor to the omelette, it's DELICIOUS! AND, don't even get me started on the health benefits of cocount oil!! I try to incorporate a teaspoon of it into my diet every day in some way or another. Whether it's substituting it for olive oil, or throwing it in a smoothie, it's amazing! Yum!


On another note, I should probably mention the fitness side of life! I had mentioned that I have a few fitness goals that I want to reach, so since this is a sharing blahg, here they are!

1. I want me some visible ABS!
2. I want to do push-ups for the first time in my life!


So, for #1, I've started a daily routine. Here's the breakdown I found on Pinterest:


I'm actually doing more than this as well. Once I get into this, I start doing a regular plank, jackknives, and bridges. Just because I find that starting is the hard part. Once I have started, I usually want to keep going! I mean, really. Look at that calendar. 10 crunches? 10 seconds of a side plank? That doesn't take any time at all!!! Which leads me to:

#2. I've never been able to do a proper push-up. Never. I can do tricep push-ups, but not regular ones. Not even 'girl' ones! When I was in karate, even my sensei said that my body just isn't designed to do push-ups, so he made me do extra situps instead. So I had reserved myself to the fact that I was physically unable to do them.

But... that's a crock of shit. I'm gonna do it. So I've been doing some chest flyes and 'planks' in pushup position to get my chest in shape. The problem is that, I can hold my body up in the position, but be damned if I can push myself up! And yes, that's even for the 'GIRL' pushups!
NO MORE EXCUSES!!!So for the last few days, I've been working out my chest. And let me tell you.... DAMN IT HURTS TODAY! Apparently it's obviously a muscle that doesn't get any work for me, because OUCH! I don't like it when my boobies hurt.

Today is a rest day. I'm going to take advantage of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment